TGR Board Adopts New Drought and Conservation Management Plan
The Trinity Glen Rose District Board adopted a new drought and conservation management plan at its November 2023 board meeting. It will go into effect on December 14. Click the link below to download and view the plan.
TGR District Declares Drought Stage 3
Current Drought Stage: Stage 3 as of October 19, 2023
October 19 - As this summer’s record-breaking heat wave persisted and we’ve moved into a dryer fall we continue to observe wells in the Trinity Aquifer on the decline, the Trinity Glen Rose Groundwater Conservation District (District) declared STAGE 3 water restrictions in compliance with the District’s Drought Contingency Plan effective as of Thursday, October 19.
According to the current US Drought Monitor, Northern Bexar County is listed as D4- Exceptional Drought. More than 50 percent of the state is in Extreme (D3) or Exceptional Drought (D4) and the outlook for precipitation during October is below normal.
While summer landscape watering period is nearly over, we ask that everyone continue to practice conservation measures regardless of irrigation system type.
The conservation measures outlined for Trinity Aquifer well users are strongly encouraged:
1. Well owner landscape irrigation watering to occur every two weeks on designated watering day between 7am – 11am and 7pm – 11pm.
2. Hand watering with hose, drip irrigation, or bucket on non-designated watering days is allowed, it is strongly encouraged this be done between 7am – 11am and 7pm – 11pm.
3. Non-exempt well owner users should reduce water usage by 15% over the same calendar month from the prior year.
4. Discontinue use of all aesthetic fountains and vanity ponds.
5. Waste and non-essential water use, as defined under Texas Water Code, Chapter 36, and TGRGCD Rule Definitions, is prohibited.
To learn about converting a high water use landscape to one that uses native plants and much less water, we encourage you to watch the TGR and partner Gardening Volunteers program called Go Gardening.
Contact for More Information: General Manager, Amanda Maloukis (210)698-1155
Drought and Weather Resources
TWDB Drought Monitor Map
Click on the image below for most up-to-date information.
Drought map on 8-22-2023